Getting Started With Modware using Vmware appliance
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
About the VM
- It is Ubuntu 6.06 LTS server edition as downloaded from VM appliance directory.
- GMOD fully installed (anonymous checkout of CVS HEAD checked out July 17, 2007)
- Modware tested and installed (anonymous checkout of CVS HEAD checked out July 18, 2007)
- username ubuntu, password, ubuntu
- Please change password on first usage
Get VMWare & Modware Virutual Machine
Download VMware Player. It's free.
Download VMware Fusion. VMware fusion is unfortunately not free. However, there is a Beta version that is still free. Use that.
Download Modware appliance
Working with the appliance
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Double click on the Ubuntu-6.06.1-server-i686-BASE.vmx file therein.
- Login as ubuntu, password is also ubuntu.
- change ubuntu password for security
- sudo ./fix_ethernet.sh
- cd modware_fun
- open and read the scripts to see how to write code with Modware
- create_ncrna_genes.pl demonstrates how to create an insert new gene features (in this case ncRNA genes) from a data file (embedded in __DATA__ section in the script). It also demonstrates the useach of Modware::Search Count and Search methods.
- create_chromosome_1_fastas.pl demonstrates how you can use Modware to search for all features of a given type on a chromosome and write a sequence file containing sequences for each of those features.
LATER RELEASES WILL CONTAIN MORE, UNTIL THEN, email email@example.com with questions or contrubutions.!